Wednesday 21 January 2015

Afridi to get back the fastest ODI hundred record in World Cup

 Afridi to get back the fastest ODI hundred record in World Cup
Afridi

Afridi to get back the fastest ODI hundred record in World Cup

Shahid
KARACHI: Pakistan’s star all-rounder Shahid Afridi said that he will try to break the record of fastest ODI hundred set by South Africa’s AB de Villiers in the upcoming World Cup co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
While talking to the media, Afridi said, ‘You never plan out to set such records. It just happens when you have a very special day and your confidence is sky high. If everything works out for me and it is my special day than I will try to improve the record set by AB de Villers in New Zealand or in the World Cup.’
AB smashed two international record on that day by scoring the fastest ODI fifty on 16-balls and fastest ODI century on 31-balls, Lala said, ‘He played like a champion to get the record and it was his special day.’
Boom
Afridi scored his fastest ODI century in his second one-day game while playing a tri-series, he scored the fastest hundred against Sri-Lanka at Nairobi in 1996 on 37-balls and held his record for almost 17 years. Afridi’s record was broken by New Zealand’s Corey Anderson, who scored his fastest ODI century against West Indies in Queenstown on just 36-balls.
Boom Boom further said, ‘It just happened that day it was my special day and everything clicked. I hope I get another special day in the coming World Cup if it can happen I will try to get back the record of which I was always proud.’
He added, ‘But realistically speaking I know that at the number I come to bat at these days one can score a half century but it is really difficult to get a hundred but you never know it could my special day.’

No comments:

Post a Comment