Sunday 18 January 2015

I’m back, and I’m healthy for Australian Open, says Nadal

I’m back, and I’m healthy for Australian Open, says Nadal

2015 Australian Open - Previews
MELBOURNE: World No.3 Rafael Nadal said that he is ready for Australian Open which is starting from next Monday, after coming back from a right wrist injury and appendix surgery which made him rest for almost six months of 2014.
While talking to the media, Nadal said, ‘I’m back, and I’m healthy, but it’s hard to come back after such injuries, I will hope for first round, second round, and take the wins as they come.’
Nadal played a tw0-hour exhibition match at Melbourne Park against Mark Philippoussis and Fernando Verdasco, basically it was a charity match to open the renovated Margaret Court Arena which will be used as a third court for Australian Open.
The King of Clay, Nadal further said, ‘It was an important week because I came back to the tour after a long time not being competitive, I’m going to work hard to be ready for Australia.’
The Spaniard will found on Friday who will he play in the opening match of year’s first Grand Slam.

No comments:

Post a Comment