Friday 23 January 2015

I will return as spearhead of Pakistan, says Saeed Ajmal

I will return as spearhead of Pakistan, says Saeed Ajmal

Ajmal
LAHORE: Pakistan’s spin-wizard Saeed Ajmal is confident that this time he will clear the reassessment test after being suspended for an illegal bowling action last year, he has also withdrawn from the World Cup.
The 37 year-old off-spinner will depart for Chennai on Thursday for a reassessment test on his new bowling action, as per the instruction of the International Cricket Council (ICC). Ajmal said, ‘I have worked really hard to overcome the flaws and I am hopeful that I will be cleared.’
He further said, ‘I am going to give test on five various deliveries and I am quite hopeful that I will return as spearhead of the team after getting clearance.’ After his suspension Ajmal has been working with Pakistan’s former off-spinner and inventor of the ‘doosra’ Saqlain Mushtaq.
Talking about the upcoming World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, Ajmal said, ‘I withdrew from the World Cup after I felt that I am not ready for it and if any player of the team gets injured even then I will not play.’
He also said that he has some new deliveries in his arsenal, Ajmal concluded, ‘I have developed some new deliveries, like a carrom ball and seam-up delivery which I have mastered and will bowl them at international level.’

No comments:

Post a Comment